Wanting to Run Before I Could Walk
Raymond LeMieux, Other, United States
I would think it does create a compromised management role or a "learning manager". To balance this you have to first understand why you are delegating?
Are you delegating just to get the job done? Are you delegating to identify skills, development etc.
Some factors while you are delegating tasks to this new manager
- What is your and the organizational tolerance towards failure?
- What is the risk of failure occurring and is that risk acceptable?
- When failure occurs (and it will to some degree) what is my willingness and ability to provide damage control and coaching support.
- Do I have a professional development path established?
- Have I conducted a gap analysis to identify the needed skills?
There's more but I think this should help get you started.