Aspects of International Corporate Governance
K.Narayana Moorthy, HR Consultant, India
International corporate governance covers a wide range of topics like: corporate control, regulation, behavioral issues and role of stakeholders in the governance.
In general, good governance will result in:
- Responsiveness, and is
- Equitable & Inclusive,
- Effective & Efficient,
- Following the Rules of Laws, and
- Participatory and Consensus-oriented.
Proper governance will include:
- Rights of Shareholders & Key Ownership functions;
- Equitable Treatment of Shareholders;
- Role of Stakeholders in Corporate Governance;
- Disclosure & Transparency;
- The Responsibilities of the Board.